Beer Can Chicken
This easy peasy recipe is one part meal, one part party trick. It calls for a whole bird, a few spices and a half can of beer. You simply mix the spices in with the beer, seat the chicken on the beer can, and pop it on the grill, simultaneously amusing and nourishing your guests.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 ½ tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of cayenne pepper
- beer can stand/beer can
- Heat the grill to medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, salt, paprika, ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Rub the outside and inside cavity of the chicken with the spices.
- Tuck the wing tips under.
- Fill a beer can stand with 1/2 a can of beer, or use a 1/2 filled beer can.
- Holding the chicken upright, slide it over the stand/can so it fits inside the cavity.
- Cook with the grill closed for 1 hour and 15 minutes.