When your refrigerator is stocked full of tinfoil swans, white Styrofoam containers and a leftover holiday turkey, you don't need to go to the grocery store. You've got all the ingredients you require. Using your leftover food from restaurants and dinner parties to create new meals is a great way to save money and reduce waste.
The first thing you should know about leftovers is the correct way to store them. Follow these tips to keep you and your family safe:
- Refrigerate or freeze unused food within two hours after cooking.
- Wash your hands before handling leftovers.
- Place leftovers in small, shallow containers with a secure cover. This helps the food cool down quickly.
- If a stored leftover seems questionable, throw it out.
- Remove stuffing from cooked poultry before storing.
- Don't keep leftovers for more than four days.
Now, let's find out how to use your leftovers to create some delicious new dishes.