Carrots add sweetness, crunch, and a healthful touch to soup, salad, fish -- even dessert.
These teeny-tiny baby carrots hold up well in stir-fries, can be softened quickly for cakes and cookies, and gives added crunch, color, and body to a wide variety of salads, soups, and stews.
The following are a few ways to use baby carrots:
- Coarsely chop for salsas: A quick chop of the carrots and a toss into homemade or bottled salsas gives a brighter look and crunchier texture.
- Toss in soups: Add a handful to canned or homemade soups, and cook until just tender for a heartier and more healthful bowl.
- Use as a base for stir-fries: Not only can you add them to your favorite stir-fry, but you also can serve stir-fries over cooked matchstick carrots instead of rice. Make a quick side dish: Toss carrots with a little olive oil, a sprinkle of lemon juice, and some chopped parsley and raisins.
- Add to cake batters and cookie dough: Soften the carrots in the microwave with a bit of water, drain, and add to the batter or dough to give additional sweetness, texture, and moisture.
For more on what to do with baby carrots, visit:
- Steamed Broccoli & Carrots Recipe
- Orange-Spice Glazed Carrots Recipe
- Maple-Glazed Carrots & Shallots Recipe
- Indian Carrot Soup Recipe