- Place 1 pint water and 1 pint vinegar in 10-gallon stockpot. Position a wire rack in bottom of pot. Place 1 layer of crabs on rack. Season with seafood seasoning and salt.
Place only a single layer of crabs at the bottom of your steaming pot.
- Repeat with remaining crabs, layering with additional seasoning and salt.
- Cover pot. Heat on high until liquid begins to steam. Steam about 25 minutes or until crabs turn red and meat is white. Remove crabs to large serving platter using tongs.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.
- Cooking Seafood: Get your feet wet by exploring the best ways to prepare seafood.
- Shellfish: From shrimp and lobster to clams, mussels, and more, you'll find valuable information on shellfish at HowStuffWorks.
- Shellfish Recipes: Dive into the many amazing shellfish recipes featured in this article.
- How to Cook Clams: Clams are a mollusk that are only available in the summertime and are delicious when steamed or eaten raw. Learn all about cooking clams here.