- Thaw and drain crab legs.
- Soak crab legs in water for 30 minutes to leach out some of salt brine used for packaging.
- Cut crab legs into 2-inch-long pieces with poultry scissors or cleaver. Cook as directed.
Using poultry shears or a cleaver, cut the crab legs into 2-inch pieces.
- Heat wok over high heat about 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle oil into wok and heat 15 seconds. Add crab pieces; stir-fry 5 minutes or until done.
Make sure your wok is thoroughly heated before you add your crabmeat.
- To extract meat from crab legs, snip along each side of shell with scissors and lift out cooked meat with skewer. Reheat for a few seconds in wok, if needed. Or to save time, serve in the shell. Have guests crack the shells and remove meat with small seafood forks.
Want more information? Try these:
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.
- Cooking Seafood: Get your feet wet by exploring the best ways to prepare seafood.
- Shellfish: From shrimp and lobster to clams, mussels, and more, you'll find valuable information on shellfish at HowStuffWorks.
- Shellfish Recipes: Dive into the many amazing shellfish recipes featured in this article.
- How to Cook Clams: Clams are a mollusk that are only available in the summertime and are delicious when steamed or eaten raw. Learn all about cooking clams here.