Grilling Chicken Halves & Thighs
These low-fat favorites are quick and delicious on the grill but can overcook in a matter of second. The trick is to pull one piece and cut it open to check doneness.
- Prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking, using a single layer of coals.
- Oil hot grid to help prevent sticking, and place chicken on preheated grid.
- Brush one side of chicken with oil; place on preheated grid, oil side down. Brush other sides with oil.
Brushing chicken with oil
will help keep the meat moist
and prevent sticking.
- Grill chicken, on covered grill, 6 to 8 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in center, turning chicken over halfway through cooking.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Chicken Recipes: Chicken is a very versatile food that can take on a variety of different flavors and be used in all kinds of dishes. Find some suggestions on our Chicken Recipes page.
- Preparing Chicken: Learn some basic chicken preparation techniques in this article, including how to stuff a chicken, how to marinate chicken, and more.
- How to Cook Chicken: Get all the facts on cooking this popular poultry on our How to Cook Chicken page.
- Cooking Chicken: Cooking chicken can be a bit difficult because it's imperative that the meat is cooked all the way through. Gather helpful tips at HowStuffWorks.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.