Grilling Chicken Strips
Grilling chicken strips on skewers in an easy-to-make -- and easy-to-clean -- option that creates a delcious meal for a few or many.
- Slice chicken crosswise into 3/8-inch-wide strips. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator using your favorite marinade; reserve half of the marinade.
- Prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking.
- Drain chicken. Weave 3 to 4 chicken pieces accordion style onto each skewer, alternating with green onion pieces, if desired. Brush with reserved marinade.
Thread the green onion pieces
crosswise on the skewers.
- Place skewers on preheated grid.
- Grill skewers, on uncovered grill, over medium-hot coals 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, turning halfway through grilling time.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Chicken Recipes: Chicken is a very versatile food that can take on a variety of different flavors and be used in all kinds of dishes. Find some suggestions on our Chicken Recipes page.
- Preparing Chicken: Learn some basic chicken preparation techniques in this article, including how to stuff a chicken, how to marinate chicken, and more.
- How to Cook Chicken: Get all the facts on cooking this popular poultry on our How to Cook Chicken page.
- Cooking Chicken: Cooking chicken can be a bit difficult because it's imperative that the meat is cooked all the way through. Gather helpful tips at HowStuffWorks.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.