When succulent prime rib is on the menu, making the right cut can really enhance the presentation and everyone's enjoyment.
- For added stability, cut a wedge-shaped slice from the large end of the roast so that the meat will sit flat on the cutting board.
- Insert a long-handled meat fork below the top rib. Slice across the top of roast toward the rib bone. This roast can be sliced between 1/2- and 3/4-inch thick.
Slice across roast to rib bone.
- With the tip of the knife, cut along the rib bone to release the slice of meat.
Cut along rib bone to release slice.
- To remove the meat slice, slide the knife blade under the cut slice of meat. Holding it steady with a meat fork, lift the slice and place it on a platter.
Slide knife under slice and then lift to plate.
A bone-in leg of lamb is another cut that requires some carving skills. Find tips on the next page.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- How to Roast Meat: Roasting is a rather simple cooking option for preparing meat. What's more, the end result is juicy and delicious. Find tips for roasting meat in this helpful article.
- Meat Recipes: Since meat is often the focal point of a meal, you want to make sure it tastes the very best it can. The meat recipes in our collection are sure to inspire greatness.
- Grilling: Grilling isn't just for summertime barbecues anymore. Find out how to cook all your favorites on the grill, all year round.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.