Chicken wings have become very popular as a snack item and even as a meal. Chicken wings were once a cheap item, but as of late, due to their popularity, they have become rather expensive [source: Daneman]. Be it at a party or private dinner, delicious chicken wings, perfectly cooked, are bound to earn you praises. We will now give you a number of recipes to cook chicken wings.
Kentucky Fried wings
- Break the wings into two pieces at the bone joint.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204.4 degrees Celsius).
- Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper, and then drizzle them with olive oil.
- Place the wings on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until the skin is crispy.
- Heat the Teriyaki sauce over a low heat.
- Place the Teriyaki sauce in a large bowl and put the wings into the bowl.
- Toss the wings so that they are completely coated with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the wings with cilantro and sesame seeds [source: Florence].
Buffalo style wings
- 3 pounds (1.4 kilograms) wings
- 4 ounces (113.4 grams) blue cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ¼ cup hot pepper sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176.6 degrees Celsius).
- Mix together the blue cheese, sour cream, milk, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice and a ¼ tsp salt. Cover and refrigerate.
- Arrange the wings on a rack. Sprinkle the wings with ¼ tsp salt and broil until they're golden brown. Turn them over and broil the second side.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add the hot pepper sauce and stir occasionally.
- Place the wings in a large bowl. Pour the butter sauce on them and mix, until the wings are coated on all sides.
- Serve the wings with the blue cheese dip [source: Good Housekeeping].