How to Bake Chicken
Baking is an oven-based technique that is considered to be among the healthiest methods for cooking chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in large baking pan in oven. Remove pan from oven; roll chicken in butter to evenly coat.
Melting the butter right in the baking pan saves work.
- Arrange chicken, skin side down, in single layer in baking pan.
- Bake chicken 50 to 60 minutes or until no longer pink in center, turning pieces over after 30 minutes.
Use tongs to turn the chicken. If you pierce the pieces with a fork, the juices will run out and the chicken will be dry.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Chicken Recipes: Chicken is a very versatile food that can take on a variety of different flavors and be used in all kinds of dishes. Find some suggestions on our Chicken Recipes page.
- Grilling Chicken: Chicken on the grill is a less-mess and delicious way to prepare poultry. Find helpful tips on grilling chicken in this article.
- Preparing Chicken: Learn some basic chicken preparation techniques in this article, including how to stuff a chicken, how to marinate chicken, and more.
- Cooking Chicken: Cooking chicken can be a bit difficult because it's imperative that the meat is cooked all the way through. Gather helpful tips at HowStuffWorks.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.