How to Stir-Fry Chicken
- Place uncooked boneless, skinless chicken on cutting board.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the chicken crosswise across the grain into 1/4-inch strips.
Slice across the grain for tender, consistent pieces.
- Heat wok or large skillet over high heat. (Test hot pan by adding drop of water to pan; if water sizzles, pan is sufficiently hot.)
- Add about 2 tablespoons oil to hot pan, swirling to coat all sides. Heat oil until hot -- about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken to wok; briskly toss and stir chicken with wok utensil or wooden spoon, keeping chicken in constant motion, 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Constant motion keeps the chicken from sticking.
- Remove chicken; set aside and continue with recipe.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Chicken Recipes: Chicken is a very versatile food that can take on a variety of different flavors and be used in all kinds of dishes. Find some suggestions on our Chicken Recipes page.
- Grilling Chicken: Chicken on the grill is a less-mess and delicious way to prepare poultry. Find helpful tips on grilling chicken in this article.
- Preparing Chicken: Learn some basic chicken preparation techniques in this article, including how to stuff a chicken, how to marinate chicken, and more.
- Cooking Chicken: Cooking chicken can be a bit difficult because it's imperative that the meat is cooked all the way through. Gather helpful tips at HowStuffWorks.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.