Once you've made corn tortillas, turning them into chips is easy. Here's how:
- Stack tortillas. Cut through the stack, cutting tortillas into six or eight equal tortillas.
Cut tortillas into chips.
- Heat 1/2-inch of oil in deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry tortilla wedge in a single layer for one minute or until crisp, turning occasionally. Remove with slotted spoon; drain. Salt if desired.
Fry tortilla wedges until crisp.
It's time to move onto another Mexican staple: beans. Find out how to make refried beans in our final section.
Not what you’re looking for? Try these:
- How to Cook Chili Peppers: There are a variety of chili peppers available in local markets, and each offers a unique flavor that is sure to enhance your dishes. Learn how to cook chili peppers here.
- Mexican Recipes: From enchiladas to tortilla soup, the delicious ideas on our Mexican Recipes page are sure to be a hit at your next fiesta.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.