Phyllo blossoms provide a delicate and delicious way to present various fillings, whether sweet or savory. Here's how to make them:
- Defrost phyllo as directed on package. Remove 8 sheets of phyllo from package; unroll and place on large sheet of waxed paper; cover with a damp towel.
- Place one sheet of phyllo on work surface. Lightly brush with butter. Top with second phyllo sheet. Lightly brush with butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets.
- Cut stack of phyllo sheets in half lengthwise and then in thirds crosswise, to make a total of 12 squares.
- Gently fit each stacked square into a greased muffin cup. Spoon filling into center of each cup. Bake according to recipe.
Place squares into greased muffin cup.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- How to Make a Pie: A home-baked pie adds a perfect finishing touch to any meal. Fortunately, there are so many varieties of pie, it's easy to find one to complement any menu. Learn how to make a pie here.
- How to Bake a Cake: Find basic instructions and definitions that will help you bake a cake in this article. You'll learn about everything from selecting the proper baking pan to cooling and frosting a finished cake.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.