Traditional Fruit Cake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Traditional Fruit Cake
Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
Makes 1 (9X5-inch) loaf
|3||cups walnut halves|
|1||package (8 ounces) candied cherries|
|1||package (8 ounces) chopped dates|
|1||package (4 ounces) candied pineapple|
|3/4||cup sifted all-purpose flour|
|1/2||teaspoon baking powder|
|3||eggs, lightly beaten|
|3||tablespoons dark rum or rum extract|
|1||tablespoon freshly grated orange peel|
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line 9X5-inch loaf pan with greased waxed paper.
- Combine walnuts and fruit in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Sift over walnut mixture; toss gently until walnut mixture is well coated.
- Blend in eggs, rum, orange peel and vanilla. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Check out more recipes for Christmas