Trick or Treat Candy Bar Cupcakes
These cupcakes use just one recipe to yield 12 different flavors with 12 different types of candy bars!
|2-1/2||cups of flour, sifted|
|1/2||teaspoon baking powder, sifted|
|8||tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1-3/4||cups granulated sugar|
|2||large eggs at room temperature|
|2-1/4||teaspoons of pure vanilla extract|
|1-1/4||cups whole milk at room temperature|
|12||different bite-sized mini candy bars, chopped into small pieces|
|16||tablespoons unsalted butter|
|4||cups confectioner's sugar, sifted|
|1||teaspoon whole milk|
|1||teaspoon pure vanilla extract|
|1||teaspoon orange food coloring|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a cupcake pan with baking cups; depending on how big your cupcakes are, you can make between 12 and 18.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the unsalted butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the sugar; bean on medium speed until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing slowly after each addition.
- Combine the vanilla extract and milk in a large liquid measuring cup.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low, and add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, then gradually add 1/3 of the milk mixture, beating until well incorporated. Add another third of the flour mixture, followed by a third of the milk mixture. Stop to scrape down the bowl as needed. Add the remaining flour mixture, followed by the remaining milk mixture, and beat just until combined.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop batter into baking cups.
- Using a fork, add one type of chopped-up candy bar to each baking cup and mix into the batter.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- For the buttercream, place the unsalted butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the confectioner's sugar, and beat on medium speed until well incorporated. Add the vanilla extract, milk, salt and orange food coloring. Beat on high speed until light and airy.
- Using a spatula, fill a plastic piping bag fitted with a large, round metal tip with the frosting, and frost each cupcake with the signature swirl.
- Place the corresponding mini candy bar on top of each cupcake (matching the flavors) and display on a platter. Serve and enjoy!
Check out more recipes for Halloween