Trick-or-Treat Caramel Apples the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Older children can help make these easy, fun-looking Halloween apples.
Makes 5 or 6 servings
|1||package (14 ounces) chocolate caramels*|
|1||cup miniature marshmallows|
|5||or 6 medium apples|
|Candy corn, red cinnamon candies, jelly beans, licorice whips, colored sprinkles and other assorted candies for decoration|
|5||or 6 (2-1/2-inch) paper baking cups|
|5||or 6 wooden craft sticks|
*Can be made with any flavor caramels.
- Place baking cups on baking sheet. Flatten cups.
- Combine caramels, marshmallows and water in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until caramels melt.
- Rinse and thoroughly dry apples. Insert wooden sticks into stem ends.
- Dip apple into caramel mixture, coating thoroughly. Remove excess caramel mixture by scraping apple bottom across rim of saucepan. Place on baking cup.
- Immediately decorate with candies to create face or other design. (Work quickly or caramel may harden and decorations will not adhere.) Repeat with remaining apples. Refrigerate until firm.
Check out more recipes for Halloween