Triple Fruit Trifle the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Triple Fruit Trifle
Makes 12 servings
|2||ripe pears, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped|
|2||ripe bananas, thinly sliced|
|2||cups fresh or thawed frozen raspberries|
|1||tablespoon lemon juice|
|1/4||cup reduced-fat margarine|
|1||cup graham cracker crumbs|
|1||can (12 ounces) evaporated skimmed milk, divided|
|1/3||cup cholesterol-free egg substitute|
|2||tablespoons fat-free sour cream|
|3||tablespoons no-sugar-added apricot fruit spread|
- Combine pears, bananas, raspberries and lemon juice in large bowl.
- Melt margarine in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in graham cracker crumbs until well blended. Remove saucepan from heat; set aside.
- Blend 1/4 cup milk, sugar and cornstarch in another small saucepan. Whisk in remaining milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Blend 1/3 cup hot milk mixture and egg substitute in small bowl. Add to milk mixture. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove saucepan from heat. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in sour cream and vanilla; blend well.
- Spoon half of milk mixture into trifle dish or medium straight-sided glass serving bowl. Layer half of fruit mixture and 1/2 cup graham cracker crumb mixture over milk mixture. Repeat layers, ending with graham cracker crumb mixture. Blend fruit spread and 1 teaspoon water until smooth. Drizzle over trifle. Garnish with additional fresh fruit, if desired.
|Calories from Fat||17 %|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Trifles & Parfaits