Triple Layer Chocolate Mints the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Triple Layer Chocolate Mints
Makes 64 mints
|6||ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped|
|6||ounces white chocolate, chopped|
|1||teaspoon peppermint extract|
|6||ounces milk chocolate, chopped|
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil, leaving 1-inch overhang on sides.
- Place semisweet chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Spread melted chocolate onto bottom of prepared pan. Let stand until firm. (If not firm after 45 minutes, refrigerate 10 minutes.)
- Melt white chocolate in clean double boiler; stir in peppermint extract. Spread over semisweet chocolate layer. Shake pan to spread evenly. Let stand 45 minutes or until set.
- Melt milk chocolate in same double boiler. Spread over white chocolate layer. Shake pan to spread evenly. Let stand 45 minutes or until set.
- Cut mints into 16 (2-inch) squares. Remove from pan with foil. Place squares on cutting board.
- Cut each square diagonally into 2 triangles. Cut in half again to make 64 small triangles. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Check out more recipes for Candy