Tropical Bread Pudding with Orange Sauce the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Tropical Bread Pudding with Orange Sauce
Makes 10 to 12 servings
|1||cup shredded coconut|
|2/3||cup coarsely chopped walnuts|
|3||tablespoons butter, melted|
|1||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1||jar (8 ounces) maraschino cherries, undrained|
|1||can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, undrained|
|1||loaf (16 ounces) cinnamon-raisin bread|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray 13X9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place raisins in small bowl. Pour boiling water over to cover. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until plump. Drain.
- Combine raisins, milk, eggs, sugar, coconut, walnuts, butter, vanilla and nutmeg in large bowl; mix well. Add cherries and oranges with liquid; mix well.
- Break bread into large pieces, about 2 inches square. Add bread pieces to milk mixture. Mixture should be moist but not soupy. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with additional coconut, if desired.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Serve with Orange Sauce.
Check out more recipes for Island