Tuna Noodle Casserole
Makes 4 servings
|7||ounces uncooked elbow macaroni|
|2||tablespoons margarine or butter|
|3/4||cup chopped onion|
|1/2||cup thinly sliced celery|
|1/2||cup finely chopped red bell pepper|
|2||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1/8||teaspoon white pepper|
|1||can (6 ounces) albacore tuna in water, drained|
|1/2||cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
|Fresh dill sprigs (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt margarine in large deep skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add celery and bell pepper; cook and stir 3 minutes. Sprinkle flour, salt and white pepper over vegetables; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta, tuna and 1/4 cup cheese to skillet; stir until pasta is well coated. Pour tuna mixture into prepared dish; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Garnish with fresh dill sprigs.
|Serving Size:||1-1/2 cups casserole|
|Calories from Fat||28 %|
|Total Fat||12 g|
Check out more recipes for Fish