Cupcakes are always a welcome treat for the kids. These are sure to command a repeat performance!
Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
Makes 2 dozen cupcakes
|1||package (18-1/4 ounces) cake mix (any flavor), plus ingredients to prepare mix|
|1||container (16 ounces) chocolate frosting|
|3/4||cup marshmallow creme|
|24||shortbread ring cookies|
|2||sticks white spearmint gum|
|48||small red candies|
|Candy corn and assorted candies for decoration|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 standard (2-1/2-inch) muffin pan cups with paper baking cups.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpicks inserted into centers come out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Combine frosting and marshmallow creme in medium bowl; mix well. Frost cupcakes lightly with frosting mixture; reserve remaining frosting mixture.
- Cut cookies in half. Cut 24 halves in half again to form quarters.
- For each cupcake, stand 1 cookie half upright on back edge of cupcake for tail. Place 1 cookie quarter on opposite side of cupcake for head; discard or reserve remaining cookie quarters for another use. Frost cookies with remaining frosting mixture to blend in with cupcake.
- Cut gum into 1/4-inch pieces; trim both ends of gum into points. Fold gum in half to form beaks; place on bottom edges of heads as shown in photo. Position candies on heads for eyes. Decorate top of tails with candies as desired.
Check out more recipes for Fall and Thanksgiving