Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
Makes 8 servings
|1||pound ground turkey|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|1||can (6 ounces) tomato paste|
|1/2||cup chunky salsa|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro|
|3/4||teaspoon salt, divided|
|1||tablespoon all-purpose flour|
|1/2||cup sour cream|
|Ground red pepper|
- Cook turkey and onion in large skillet over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink, stirring to crumble. Drain. Transfer turkey mixture to slow cooker.
- Add tomato paste, salsa, cilantro and 1/2 teaspoon salt to slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours.
- Just before serving, melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Combine sour cream and sprinkle of ground red pepper in small bowl. Stir into hot milk mixture. Return to heat; cook over low heat 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Spoon 1/4 cup turkey mixture into each taco shell; keep warm. Spoon sour cream mixture over taco filling.
Check out more recipes for Mexican