Two Cheese Mediterranean Stir-Fry the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Two Cheese Mediterranean Stir-Fry
Makes 4 servings
|6||ounces uncooked penne pasta|
|2||tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided|
|4||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2||pound mushrooms, cut into quarters|
|2||cups diced eggplant|
|1-1/2||cups matchstick-size zucchini strips|
|1||green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1||cup chopped onion|
|1-1/2||teaspoons dried basil|
|3/4||teaspoon salt or to taste|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|4||plum tomatoes, cut into quarters and seeded|
|2||to 3 tablespoons capers, well-drained (optional)|
|3||ounces provolone cheese, shredded|
|1/4||cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet or wok. Heat over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, basil, salt and black pepper. Cook 15 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
- Gently stir in tomatoes and capers, if desired. Reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; toss with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, provolone cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Place cooked pasta on serving platter. Spoon vegetable mixture over pasta and top with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Check out more recipes for European