Vegetable Frittata the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|4-1/2||teaspoons olive oil, divided|
|1/4||cup chopped onion|
|1||(10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained|
|3/4||cup (3 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|Dash ground red pepper|
|Dash ground nutmeg|
- Heat 3 teaspoons olive oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove onion from skillet with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Lightly beat eggs in medium bowl. Add onion, spinach, cheese and seasonings.
- Heat remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons oil in same skillet. Add egg mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Place large plate over frittata. Invert frittata onto plate. Return frittata, uncooked side down, to skillet.
- Continue cooking 4 minutes or until set. Cut into wedges to serve. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Eggs & Omelets