Vegetable Lasagna the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 8 servings
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|4||medium carrots, thinly sliced|
|3||medium zucchini, thinly sliced|
|6||ounces spinach leaves, washed, stemmed and torn in bite-size pieces|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|3||cups ricotta cheese|
|1/2||cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
|12||uncooked lasagna noodles|
|1-1/2||cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1-1/2||cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|Belgian endive leaves, Bibb lettuce leaves and fresh basil sprigs (optional)|
- Prepare Tomato-Basil Sauce.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add carrots; cook and stir 4 minutes. Add zucchini; cook and stir 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add spinach; cook and stir 1 minute or until spinach is wilted. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat egg in medium bowl. Stir in ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1 cup Tomato-Basil Sauce in bottom of 13X9-inch baking pan; top with 4 uncooked lasagna noodles. Spoon 1/3 of ricotta cheese mixture over noodles; carefully spread with spatula.
- Spoon 1/3 of vegetable mixture over cheese. Top with 1 cup Tomato-Basil Sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup each mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses. Repeat layers 2 times beginning with noodles and ending with mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Carefully pour water around sides of pan. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake lasagna 1 hour or until bubbly. Uncover. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into squares. Garnish, if desired.
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Calories from Fat||21 %|
Check out more recipes for Italian