Vegetable Risotto the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|2||tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|1||medium zucchini, cubed|
|1||medium yellow summer squash, cubed|
|1||cup sliced shiitake mushrooms|
|1||cup chopped onions|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|6||plum tomatoes, quartered and seeded|
|1||teaspoon dried oregano|
|3||cups vegetable stock|
|3/4||cup arborio rice|
|1/4||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|Salt and black pepper|
|1/2||cup frozen peas, thawed|
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add zucchini and summer squash; cook and stir 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place in medium bowl; set aside.
- Add mushrooms, onions and garlic to saucepan; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes and oregano; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes are soft. Place in bowl with zucchini mixture. Wipe saucepan clean with paper towels.
- Place stock in small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low to keep stock hot, but not boiling.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add rice; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Using a ladle or measuring cup, add 3/4 cup stock to rice. Reduce heat to medium-low, maintaining a simmer. Cook and stir until rice has absorbed stock. Repeat, adding stock 3 more times, cooking and stirring until rice has absorbed stock. (Total cooking time of rice will be about 20 to 25 minutes.)
- Stir cheese into rice mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in reserved vegetables and peas; cook until heated through. Serve immediately. Garnish as desired.
|Calories from Fat||24 %|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Check out more recipes for Italian