Vegetable & Tofu Gratin the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Vegetable & Tofu Gratin
Makes 2 servings
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|1||teaspoon olive oil|
|3/4||cup thinly sliced fennel bulb|
|3/4||cup thinly sliced onion|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|3/4||cup cooked brown rice|
|2||tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar, divided|
|2||teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, divided|
|3||ounces firm tofu, crumbled|
|1/4||cup crumbled feta cheese|
|2||to 3 ripe plum tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|1||medium zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4||cup fresh bread crumbs|
|2||tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 1-quart shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spray medium skillet with cooking spray. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Add fennel and onion. Cook about 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Spread over bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Combine rice, 1 tablespoon vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning in small bowl. Spread over onion mixture.
- Combine tofu, feta cheese, remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning in same small bowl; toss to blend. Spoon over rice. Top with alternating rows of tomato and zucchini slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and remaining 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning in small bowl. Sprinkle over top. Spray bread crumb topping lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through and topping is browned.
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Calories from Fat||31 %|
Check out more recipes for Vegetarian