Makes 4 servings
|4||cups cooked long-grain rice|
|3/4||teaspoon salt, divided|
|2||tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided|
|3||green onions with tops, thinly sliced|
|1||teaspoon minced fresh ginger|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|4||ounces extra firm tofu, cut into 1/4-inch cubes and deep-fried|
|1||tablespoon soy sauce|
|1||cup bean sprouts, coarsely chopped|
|1/2||cup thawed frozen peas|
- Place mushrooms in small bowl; cover with hot water. Let stand 30 minutes; drain, reserving liquid. Squeeze out excess water. Remove stems; discard. Chop caps.
- Rub rice with wet hands so all the grains are separated.
- Beat eggs with 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil in wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until soft curds form.
- Remove wok from heat; cut eggs into small pieces with spoon. Remove from wok; set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in wok over high heat. Add onions, ginger and garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds. Add mushrooms, 1/4 cup reserved mushroom liquid, tofu, soy sauce and sugar. Cook until most of the liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes. Add bean sprouts and peas; cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in rice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; heat thoroughly. Stir in eggs just before serving.
|Serving Size:||1/4 of total recipe|
|Calories from Fat||35 %|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Check out more recipes for Chinese