Mrs. D’s Raviolis
Miss Vermont, Laura Hall, submitted this recipe for Mrs. D's Ravioli.
|1||lb. lean ground beef|
|1||pkg. chopped spinach|
|1||tbsp minced garlic|
|3/4||cup grated parmesan cheese|
|2||cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting|
|2||tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
- Ravioli Filling: In a skillet, cook ground beef and minced garlic.
- When beef has browned, add spinach.
- Mix thoroughly and cook until spinach is warmed.
- Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pasta: In a large bowl combine the flour and salt.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue to mix.
- Slowly add the olive oil and continue to add all the flour until it forms a ball. If it is really dry, add one tsp of water.
- Sprinkle some flour on work surface, knead and fold the dough until smooth. This should take about 10 minutes. Set aside for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the ball of dough in 1/2, cover and set aside the piece you are not immediately using to prevent it from drying out.
- Dust the counter and dough with a little flour. Roll the ball of dough out with a rolling pin. When all rolled out, the dough should be about 1/8-inch thick. Prepare the other half of dough in the same way.
- Dust the counter and sheet of dough with flour; lay out one long sheet of pasta.
- Drop tablespoons of filling on 1/2 of the pasta sheet, about 2-inches apart.
- Fold the other 1/2 over the filling like a blanket. With your fingers, gently press out air pockets around each mound of filling.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each pillow into squares and crimp the 4 edges with the tins of a fork to make a tight seal.
- Cook the ravioli in boiling salted water for 5 minutes; they'll float to the top when ready.
- Lift the ravioli from water with a slotted spoon. Serve with your favorite sauce.
Check out more recipes for Northeastern