Walnut-Cranberry Twist Danish
Prep Time 20 minutes plus rise time
Bake Time 25 minutes
Makes 16 servings
|2-3/4||to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided|
|1||package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast|
|1/2||teaspoon ground allspice|
|3/4||cup fat-free (skim) milk|
|2||tablespoons granulated sugar|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|1||cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed|
|1/4||cup chopped walnuts|
|1/4||cup sugar substitute*|
|1||tablespoon powdered sugar|
*This recipe was tested with sucralose-based sugar substitute.
- Combine 1 cup flour, yeast and allspice in large mixing bowl. Heat milk, granulated sugar, butter and salt to 120° to 130°F in small saucepan. Add milk mixture and egg to flour mixture. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute. Increase speed to high; beat 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1-3/4 cups flour. On lightly floured surface, knead in enough remaining flour to make soft dough (about 3 to 5 minutes). Shape dough into ball. Place in bowl sprayed with cooking spray. Lightly spray dough surface with cooking spray. Loosely cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Meanwhile, stir together cranberries, walnuts and sugar substitute; set aside.
- Punch down dough; cover and let rest 10 minutes. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 16x10-inch rectangle. Spread cranberry mixture over dough. Starting from long side, roll up dough. Pinch seam to seal. Place roll, seam side down, on floured surface. Cut roll in half lengthwise. On prepared baking sheet, loosely twist roll halves together, keeping cut sides up. Pinch ends to seal. Loosely cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place about 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Bake about 25 minutes or until light brown, covering with foil during last 5 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Remove from baking sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
|Serving Size:||1 (1-inch) piece|
|Calories from Fat||21 %|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Yeast & Bread Machine