Walnut Tartlets with Chocolate Ganache Filling the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Walnut Tartlets with Chocolate Ganache Filling
Makes 30 tartlets
|1/2||cup walnut halves, toasted|
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|1||tablespoon grated lemon peel|
|1/3||cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces|
|1||egg, lightly beaten|
- Prepare Chocolate Leaves. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place walnuts in food processor. Process using on/off pulsing action until walnuts are finely chopped, but not pasty.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons walnuts. Place remaining walnuts in medium bowl. Add flour, sugar and lemon peel; blend well. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg with fork until mixture holds together.
- Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls mixture into ungreased mini-muffin cups. Press dough onto bottom and up side of each cup with fingers.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove shells from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Prepare Chocolate Ganache. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon ganache into each shell. Sprinkle reserved 2 tablespoons chopped nuts evenly over shells. Gently push chocolate leaf into each shell.
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Check out more recipes for Pies & Tarts