Warm Potato & Bean Salad
Prep and Cook Time 22 minutes
Makes 4 servings
|16||small red new potatoes, halved|
|1||large green or red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares|
|3||tablespoons Italian dressing, divided|
|1||can (15 ounces) kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained|
|2||large green onions with tops, chopped|
|1||teaspoon dried parsley flakes|
- Prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking.
- Place potatoes in large saucepan; cover with water. Bring potatoes to a boil over high heat. Cook 9 minutes or until barely fork-tender. Drain; rinse under cold running water.
- Alternately thread potatoes and bell pepper on 4 long metal skewers, or place on vegetable grilling grid. Brush 2 tablespoons dressing evenly over vegetables.
- Place skewers on barbecue grid. Grill, on covered grill, over hot coals 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning skewers halfway through grilling time.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 tablespoon dressing, beans, green onions and parsley in large serving bowl. Remove vegetables from skewers into bowl; toss well. Serve immediately.
Sliced tomatoes and green chili cornbread make a great accompaniment to this salad.
Use canned whole white potatoes, cut into halves. No need to parboil; just skewer with bell pepper squares.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Calories from Fat||18 %|
Check out more recipes for Salads