Watermelon Slices the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies
|2||packages (18 ounces each) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, divided|
|1/2||cup all-purpose flour, divided|
|Green and red food colorings|
|Mini chocolate chips|
- Let both packages of dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Combine 1 package dough, 1/4 cup flour and green food coloring in large bowl; beat until well blended and evenly colored. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining package of dough, remaining 1/4 cup flour and red food coloring in separate large bowl; beat until well blended and evenly colored. Shape into 9-inch-long log. Sprinkle with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Remove green dough from refrigerator. Roll between sheets of waxed paper to 9X8-inch rectangle. Remove plastic wrap from red dough log; place in center of green rectangle. Fold green edges up and around red dough log; press seam together. Roll gently to form smooth log. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove waxed paper. Cut log into 3/8-inch-thick slices. Cut each slice in half. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Gently re-shape, if necessary. Press several mini chocolate chips into each slice for watermelon seeds. Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool on cookie sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Check out more recipes for Cooking with Kids