Wheat Germ Wafers the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Wheat Germ Wafers
Makes 7-1/2 dozen crackers
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|1||cup whole wheat flour|
|1||cup wheat germ|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|1/3||cup butter, melted|
|Garlic salt or salt|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, sugar, salt and baking powder in large bowl.
- Combine water and butter in small bowl. Add water mixture to flour mixture; stir with wooden spoon until mixture forms soft dough that clings together and forms a ball.
- Turn out dough onto well-floured surface. Knead dough gently 10 to 12 times. Divide dough in thirds.
- Roll out one piece dough into 12X10-inch rectangle with lightly floured rolling pin. (Keep remaining dough covered with towel.)
- Place rolling pin on one side of dough. Gently roll dough over rolling pin once. Carefully lift rolling pin and dough, unrolling dough over ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cut dough into 30 (2-inch) squares with pastry wheel or floured knife. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until wafers are lightly browned. Immediately remove from cookie sheets; cool on wire racks.
- Store in airtight container up to 3 days.
|Serving Size:||9 crackers (1/10 of recipe)|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Calories from Fat||33 %|
Check out more recipes for Quick Breads