White Cake Leslie Poyourow
Leslie Poyourow created this White Cake recipe in the first season of TLC's 'Ultimate Cake Off'.
|4||oz unsalted butter|
|9.25||oz cake flour|
|2||tsp baking powder|
|1 1/2||cups milk|
|10||large egg whites|
|2||lbs unsalted butter|
- Combine butter and sugar. Mix on medium for 2 minutes.
- Add in 3 parts of the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture, alternating with the milk. Stir on low for 15 seconds.
- Meringue the egg whites into soft peaks, then slowly and gently add egg whites to flour mixture.
- Bake in two 6-inch round pans at 350 degrees F until done.
- Cook egg whites and sugar on double boiler to 140 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Whip on high to create a meringue for 20 minutes then add butter slowly (in small pieces) on low.
Check out more recipes for Cakes