White Chocolate Lover's Layer Cake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
White Chocolate Lover's Layer Cake
Makes 12 to 16 servings
|12||squares (1 ounce each) white chocolate, divided|
|1||cup (2 sticks) butter, softened, divided|
|1||package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix|
|1-1/2||teaspoons vanilla, divided|
|6||ounces cream cheese, softened|
|1-1/2||cups powdered sugar|
|1/4||cup seedless raspberry jam|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. Microwave 6 squares white chocolate and 1/2 cup butter in microwavable bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) 1-1/2 minutes; stir. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until chocolate is melted. Cool slightly.
- Beat cake mix, milk, eggs, 3/4 teaspoon vanilla and white chocolate mixture in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool layers in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- For frosting, melt remaining 6 squares white chocolate; cool slightly. Beat remaining 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Beat in melted chocolate, remaining 3/4 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Add powdered sugar; beat until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Place one cake layer on serving plate. Top with frosting; spread jam evenly over frosting. Place second cake layer over jam. Frost top and side of cake with remaining frosting. Garnish with raspberries.
Check out more recipes for Cakes