White Velvet Cake Rebecca Sutterby
Rebecca Sutterby created this White Velvet Cake recipe in the first season of TLC's 'Ulimate Cake Off'.
|4||large egg whites|
|2||tsp vanilla bean paste|
|3||cups sifted cake flour|
|1 1/2||cups granulated sugar|
|4.5||tsp baking powder|
|12||Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temp, cut into cubes|
|1/4||cup powdered milk|
|1/4||cup mango puree|
|1/4||tsp double vanilla|
|1/2||tsp natural mango flavoring|
|2||cups unsalted butter, at room temperature|
|4||pounds powdered sugar|
- In a medium bowl, combine egg whites, 1/4 cup buttermilk and vanilla bean paste. Beat with a fork to combine. Set aside.
- In the mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix with the paddle on low for 30 seconds to combine.
- Add butter and mix on low for 30 seconds or until butter is cut in.
- Add 3/4 cup buttermilk. Mix on low until everything is moistened. Scrape bowl and increase speed to medium. Beat for 1.5 minutes. Scrape, and gradually add egg mixture. Beat 20 seconds after each addition.
- Pour into two prepared 8-inch cake pans and smooth tops. Bake at 350 degrees F until cake springs back or tester comes out clean.
- Do not double or triple — make in single batches.
- In a glass measuring cup, combine powdered milk, salt and just enough hot water to cover. Stir to dissolve powdered milk.
- Add mango puree, vanilla, mango flavoring and more hot water to make 1 cup of liquid. Stir to combine, then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and 2 pounds powdered sugar. Beat on low to combine, then slowly add the milk mixture. Beat on low for 10 minutes, then add another 2 pounds powdered sugar. Beat another 10 minutes on low.
Check out more recipes for Cakes