Wild Rice with Dried Apricots and Cranberries the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Wild Rice with Dried Apricots and Cranberries
Makes 6 to 8 servings
|1/2||cup uncooked wild rice|
|3||cups chicken broth, divided|
|1||cup apple juice|
|3/4||cup uncooked long-grain white rice|
|1/2||cup golden raisins|
|1/2||cup chopped dried apricots|
|1/2||cup dried cranberries|
|3/4||cup chopped onion|
|1/2||cup coarsely chopped pecans|
|1/3||cup chopped fresh parsley|
- Rinse wild rice in fine strainer under cold running water. Drain. Combine wild rice, 1-1/2 cups chicken broth and apple juice in 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, about 45 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine white rice and remaining 1-1/2 cups broth in separate 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir raisins, apricots and cranberries into white rice; simmer 5 minutes or until rice is tender and fluffy and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand covered 5 minutes or until fruit is tender; set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes until tender. Stir in pecans. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add wild rice and white rice mixtures to skillet. Add parsley; cook and stir over medium heat about 2 minutes or until heated through.
Check out more recipes for Rice, Grains & Stuffing