Miss Wyoming, Anna Nelson, submitted this recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo.
|1||pound uncooked fettuccine|
|1||cup heavy cream|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||cup finely grated parmesan cheese|
|Parsley (optional garnish)|
- Cook the fettuccine according to the package directions. Drain, but save ¼ cup of water.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add the shallots and sauté until they are tender.
- Add the heavy cream and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Boil for five minutes, then remove the mixture from heat.
- Place the cooked fettuccine, saved ¼ cup of water, cream sauce and parmesan cheese in a large saucepan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat until heated throughout.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with parsley and additional parmesan cheese, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Northeastern