Yo Ho Ho and a Cake Full of Rum Mike Elder
Mike Elder created this Yo Ho Ho and Cake Full of Rum recipe in the first season of TLC's 'Ultimate Cake Off'.
|2/3||cup rum flavor|
|2||tbl orange zest|
|2||tsp vanilla extract|
|1||cup orange juice|
|1||small can mandarin oranges (approx. 1 cup)|
|1/4||cup blood orange syrup|
|1||tsp rum flavor|
- Mix sugar, eggs and butter.
- Slowly stir in cream, rum flavor and orange and vanilla.
- Fill pans 1/2 full and bake slowly at 325 degrees F until done.
- Stir sugar and cornstarch together in mixer bowl, add juice, oranges and syrup, heat on medium heat until it begins to thicken, remove from heat and add butter and vanilla and rum flavors, add cornstarch if needed over heat until proper consistency is obtained.
- Use straight as filling or thin with water to get a smoother sauce for drizzling.
Check out more recipes for Cakes