Yummy Rattles the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 2 dozen cookies
|1-1/2||cups unsalted butter, softened|
|1||cup packed light brown sugar|
|3-1/2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1-1/2||teaspoons baking powder|
|Assorted colored icings, small candies and decors|
- Combine butter, brown sugar and egg yolks in medium bowl. Add flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Form dough into ball; wrap in plastic wrap and flatten. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. Roll out dough, small portion at a time, to 1/4-inch thickness on floured surface. (Keep remaining dough wrapped in refrigerator.) Cut out 24 large circles with 2-1/2-inch round cookie cutter. Cut out 24 small circles with 1-inch round cookie cutter. Shape remaining dough into 24 (2-1/2-inch) logs.
- To make rattles, place large circles on prepared cookie sheets. Press 1 log at side of each circle; press small circle at opposite end of each log. Flatten logs slightly.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cookies stand on cookie sheets 1 to 2 minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Decorate cookies with assorted colored icings, small candies and decors as shown in photo or as desired.
Check out more recipes for Other Special Occasions