Zesty Zucchini-Chickpea Salad the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Zesty Zucchini-Chick Pea Salad
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|3||medium zucchini (about 6 ounces each)|
|5||tablespoons white vinegar|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/4||teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed|
|1/2||cup olive oil|
|1||cup drained canned chickpeas|
|1/2||cup sliced pitted ripe olives|
|3||green onions, minced|
|1||canned chipotle chili in adobo sauce, drained, seeded, minced|
|1||ripe avocado, pitted, pared, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|1/3||cup crumbled feta or 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese|
|1||head Boston lettuce, cored, separated into leaves|
|Sliced tomatoes and cilantro sprigs for garnish|
- Cut zucchini lengthwise into halves; cut halves crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices in medium bowl; sprinkle with salt. Toss to mix. Spread zucchini on several layers of paper towels. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes to drain.
- Combine vinegar, garlic and thyme in large bowl. Gradually add oil, whisking continuously until dressing is thoroughly blended.
- Pat zucchini dry; add to dressing. Add chickpeas, olives and onions; toss lightly to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add chili to salad just before serving. Stir gently to mix. Add avocado and cheese; toss lightly to mix.
- Serve salad in lettuce-lined shallow bowl or plate. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Mexican