Zucchini, Black Bean and Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza
Sun-dried tomatoes add their interesting flavor to this vegetarian pizza. A purchased pizza crust adds convenience, but, if you prefer, you can make your own.
Makes 4 servings
|1/2||cup sun-dried tomato halves|
|1||large seeded, peeled tomato, cut into quarters|
|1||(12-inch) prepared pizza crust|
|1||cup drained canned black beans|
|3/4||cup grated carrot|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1-1/2||cups thinly sliced zucchini|
|1||small onion, cut into thin slices|
|1/4||teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|2/3||cup part-skim mozzarella cheese|
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place sun-dried tomatoes in small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand 15 minutes; drain. Coarsely chop.
- Place tomato and sun-dried tomatoes in food processor. Process using on/off pulsing action until tomatoes are finely chopped.
- Place crust on baking sheet. Spread with tomato mixture. Top with beans and carrot.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Add zucchini, onion and pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes or just until zucchini and onion are soft. Arrange on pizza. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza is hot. Cut into 8 slices.
|Serving Size:||2 slices|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Calories from Fat||30 %|
Check out more recipes for Pizza