Lots More Information
An overwhelming majority of vegans in America are females. HowStuffWorks explores the connection between women and veganism.
- Haas, Elson M., M.D. with Buck Levin, Ph.D., R.D. Staying Healthy with Nutrition: 21st Century Edition. Berkeley: Celestial Arts, 2006.
- Margen, Sheldon, M.D. and the Editors of the UC Berkeley Wellness Letter. Wellness Foods A to Z. New York: Rebus, Inc., 2002.
- Ornish, Dean, M.D. The Spectrum. New York: Ballantine Books, 2007.
- Roizen, Michael F., M.D. and Mehmet C. Oz, M.D., with Ted Spiker, Craig Wynett, Lisa Oz, and Mark A Rudberg, M.D. You Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty. New York: Free Press (A division of Simon and Schuster), 2007.
- "Top Cancer-Fighting Foods." The Food Network. Healthy Eating. Oct. 6, 2010. (Oct. 7, 2010) http://www.foodnetwork.com/healthy-eating/top-cancer-fighting-foods/pictures/index.html?nl=EATS_100610_P2_8CancerFightingoods
- White, Dana Angelo. "10 Healthy Foods Under $3." Healthy Eats. The Food Network. May 12, 2009. (Sept. 30, 2010) http://blog.foodnetwork.com/healthyeats/2009/05/12/10-healthy-foods-under-3/