Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Food Works
- How Dieting Works
- How Diet Pills Work
- How can a diet pill make you feel full?
- Would a fat tax save lives?
- How Vegetarians Work
- How Calories Work
- How Gastric Bypass Surgery Works
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- How do vegetarians get enough protein?
- Vegetarian Recipes
- How Freegans Work
More Great Links
- "Bake Sumthin'." Post Punk Kitchen. http://www.theppk.com/veganbaking.html
- "Food Labeling." United States Department of Agriculture.http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fact_Sheets/Meat_&_Poultry_Labeling_Terms/index.asp
- "Free-Range and Organic Meat, Eggs, and Dairy Products: Conning Consumers?" People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.http://www.peta.org/mc/factsheet_display.asp?ID=96
- "History." The Vegan Society.http://www.vegansociety.com/html/about_us/history/
- Hoyt, Clark. "Opinion: The Danger of the One-Sided Debate." The New York Times. June 24, 2007. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/24/opinion/24pubed.html?pagewanted=2&ei=5070&en=60ae0e77c9df57e3&ex=1186027200
- La Ferla, Ruth. "Uncruel Beauty." The New York Times. January 11, 2007. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/11/fashion/11VEGAN.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5088&en=353bc71a3d099cbb&ex=1326171600&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
- Moskin, Julia. "Strict Vegan Ethics, Frosted with Hedonism." The New York Times. January 24, 2007.
- USDA, "Meat and Poultry Labeling Terms." http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fact_Sheets/Meat_&_Poultry_Labeling_Terms/index.asp