With food costs on the rise, we're all looking for ways to save money on groceries. Unfortunately, the food that costs the least is usually the food that's the worst for our health. Check out the value menu of your local fast-food joint. The prices are great, but the food is loaded with fat and chemicals.
The good news is that you don't have to eat processed, calorie-laden food even if you're on a tight budget. Throw those ramen noodles away, and take a closer look at your grocery store for plenty of low-cost, healthy items. We've compiled a list of 10 foods that won't break your budget -- or your belly.
- Throw It In a Salad! 5 Salad Recipes That Save You Money
- Chill Out! Frozen Foods Quiz
- Macaroni, Cheese and Pennies: Can You Make a Healthy Dinner on a Budget?
- Cheese, Meat and Cream of What Soup?: The Ultimate Casserole Quiz
- From Pricy Fungi to Japanese Beef: The Ridiculously Expensive Ingredients Quiz