How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover the eggs by 1 inch.
Cover eggs with cold
water in saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn off the heat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Immediately run cold water over the eggs or place them in ice water until cooled.
- Peel eggs by tapping all around the shell with a table knife to form a network of cracks. Peel shell away under cold running water.
Peel shell away under
cold running water.
Want more information? Try these:
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.
- Egg Recipes: Who knew there were so many different ways to prepare eggs? You'll find some delicious varieties on our Egg Recipes page.
- Breakfast Recipes: Start the morning off right with these scrumptious breakfast options.