Glistening, sweet and fresh, corn on the cob is a side dish worthy of its place on a paper plate. Save a spot for it on your grill this season. Or, be daring and cook it nestled in the coals with the husks still on. Whatever cooking method you choose, corn on the cob slathered in butter is as close as you'll ever get to tasting sunshine in its own convenient carrying case.
- All Recipe. "Cold Summer Soups." Undated. 3/16/10.http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Cold-Summer-Soups/detail.aspx
- Bittman, Mark. "101 20-Minute Dishes for Inspired Picnics." New York Times. 7/2/08. 3/16/10.http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/02/dining/02mini.html
- Bryant, Charles W. "Top 5 Most Popular Desserts in America." Undated. 3/16/10.https://recipes.howstuffworks.com/5-most-popular-desserts-in-america.htm
- Davidson, Alan. "The Oxford Companion to Food. Oxford University Press. 1999.
- Family Fun. "Sizzling Summer Recipes." Undated. 3/16/10.http://familyfun.go.com/summer/summer-recipes/
- Kaboose. "Summer Recipes." Undated. 3/15/10.http://recipes.kaboose.com/seasonal/summer-recipes/summer-recipes.html
- Kennedy, Kimberly. "The Art and Craft of Entertaining." Atria Books. 2005.
- Mealtime. "Sweet and Savory Summer Fare." Undated. 3/16/10.http://www.mealtime.org/content.aspx?id=80
Here is a delightful dish for a Fall harvest dinner party; Jim Deliman's carrot saffron soup recipe. Learn how to make Jim Deliman's carrot saffron soup.