Mini Corn Muffins
Corn muffins are the perfect complement to a plethora of dishes -- barbecue ribs, chili and marinated chicken. They're even delicious crumbled up over a salad in place of croutons. And what makes these mini corn muffins delicious is they use whole corn kernels in addition to cornmeal -- and they're simple to make. The recipe starts with a corn muffin mix, but is doctored up for a moister, fresher side item. If you don't have a mini muffin pan, you can always make these in a standard muffin pan. You'll just need to keep an eye on them, as they'll need to bake a bit longer.
Cook Time 15 minutes
Prep Time 12 minutes
Yield 24 to 28 mini muffins
- 8 1/2 oz package of corn muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 large ear of corn, kernels cut from cob
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine corn muffin mix, milk and egg in medium bowl until blended. Stir in corn and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each muffin cup. Top with 1/2 teaspoon remaining cheese. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.