Make a Simple Dessert
When you're entertaining, the last thing you want to worry about is dessert. If baked Alaska is definitely off your list of desserts to try one day soon, there's still a lot you can do with a container of quality ice cream, including serving it al fresco with no accompaniment. Another option is to keep a variety of attractive cookies in reserve for a quick dessert. Add a little after-dinner coffee, and you're done. The nice thing about this approach is that you can stock up on these items ahead of time. If no one's interested in dessert (and lots of folks aren't) your sweet treats will be safe in the cupboard or freezer until next time.
When you're inspired to prepare a nice dessert for your guests, why not try a low-calorie, high-flavor option that will entice even the most reluctant runway model. This chocolate mousse recipe is low in calories, easy to make, fast and delicious. Now, that's a dessert worth spending some time on.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Easy Dinner Party Planning Site. "Make-ahead Appetizers." Undated. 7/17/09.http://www.thedinnerpartyplanningsite.com/make-ahead-appetizers.html
- Easy Dinner Party Planning Site. "What's Your Definition of Easy Recipes for a Dinner Party? Undated. 7/17/09.http://www.thedinnerpartyplanningsite.com/Easy-recipes.html
- Ginsburg, Art. "Help, Mr. Food! Company's Coming!" William Morrow and Company. 1995.
- The Food Network. "10 Tips for Last-Minute Party Planning." Undated. 7/18/09.http://www.foodnetwork.com/quick-and-easy/10-tips-for-last-minute-party-planning/index.html
- What's Cooking America. "History of Sandwiches." Undated. 7/20/09.http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/SandwichHistory.htm
Home Made Simple recipes are tasty dishes that even the most amateur cook can prepare. Try these deliciously simple recipes from the Home Made Simple.